Sailing enthusiasts and foodies are the perfect match or The Confidante Miami Beach’s new insider fishing experience. This group activity, for up to five guests, takes guests aboard a Therapy IV Charter’s 58 foot sport fisherman boat for a 4-hour fishing expedition. Miami chef Richard Hales, the chef behind the hotel’s Bird & Bone restaurant, joins the group out into the Atlantic in search of tuna, Blue Marlin, mahi-mahi, grouper, and more.
After a day of deep-sea fishing, chef Hales gives the group a dockside demo on how to filet the fish, before they head back to the hotel for dinner at Bird & Bone. The chef will broil, grill, fry, or bake the caught fish with seasonal ingredients and serve it with sides such as sweet potato mash with maple bourbon butter, crispy brussels sprouts with pepper relish, or creamed wild mushrooms.
This experience is priced at $1,700 for up to five people. For more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit theconfidantehotel.com.
Bikes and beers? What else could you want to make your trip to Napa a memorable one? Though Napa is mostly known for its wine culture, this northern California destination is also booming in the trendy realm of craft brewing.
Getaway Adventures, which is known for its bike tours to local wineries, has added a brewery-to-brewery Napa Valley bike tour. The new Napa Pints n’ Pedals tour begins and ends at Kennedy Park, which sits along the Napa River, and follows the bike path along the river into downtown Napa. Each tour includes stops at three to four breweries, which are selected by the Getaway Adventures guide to most closely match the guests’ tastes. Breweries visited may include Fieldwork, Stone, St. Clair Brown, Trade or Tannery Bend, and each will provide guests with flights of 3- to 4-ounce samples of their brews. The tour also includes a stop for lunch at a brewery or a local restaurant, however, lunch is not included in the tour price.
Rates start at $129 pp including specialized cross trail bikes with gel seats, helmets, bags, KIND bars, and water. Tours are offered daily.
For more information, visit getawayadventures.com.
Avanti Destinations and VisitBritain have come together to promote the local flavors of Britain with five new customizable food and drink itineraries, a perfect match for the culinary enthusiast.
The five new multi-region itineraries are focused on Cornwall and Devon, Edinburgh, London, and Yorkshire—the four regional food hubs designated by VisitBritain for having both heritage and undiscovered food and drink experiences. The new itineraries range from seven to 13 days, plus four new 4-day options focused on one of the four food hubs, which can be added to any other Avanti Great Britain itinerary or booked on their own.
The new itineraries are intended to be suggested itineraries and are all completely customizable to fit preferences for accommodations, length of stay, additional destinations, experiences, and transfers. The itineraries are:
- The 8-day London & York: Bite of England, which includes a Borough Market tour, a Mayfair chocolate tour, and a Historic Pubs of Docklands tour. In York, guests will experience a cheese and tea pairing workshop, a Harrogate walking food tour that stops at a beer and coffee house featuring locally sourced products, the oldest pub in Harrogate, and a historic “sweet shoppe,” as well as a fish and chips eatery, an artisan ice creamery, and Yorkshire tapas. Rates start at $2,899 pp dbl land-only and include first-class rail and daily breakfast.
- The 7-day London & York: England in a Glass where guests participate in an afternoon tea lesson, a City of London Gin Distillery tour and tasting and a Meantime Brewery tour and tasting while in London. In York they’ll take part in an afternoon tea tour with scones, cakes and exotic treats, and go on a tour and tasting at two-three breweries in the Yorkshire countryside. Rates start at $2,199 pp dbl including first-class rail and daily breakfast.
- The 4-day Taste of Edinburgh takes guests on a Food Safari walking tour featuring food and drink from vegetarian haggis, scones and unconventional marshmallows to single-malt Scotch and Scottish gin, plus a tour and tasting at Pickering’s Gin Distillery. Rates start at $685 pp.
- The 4-day Taste of Cornwall/Devon features a Catch & Cook fishing experience, a St. Austell Brewery tour and tasting, and a client’s choice of a private driver or a rental car. Rates start at $1,555.
- The 9-day London, York, Edinburgh: Taste of British Classics takes guests on a Borough Market tour and a Historic Pubs of Docklands tour in London. While in York, guests enjoy a cheese and tea pairing workshop; and in Edinburgh they’ll have a tour and tasting at Pickering’s Gin Distillery, a Seafood and Scotch full-day tour to a village on the famous Loch Lomand to sample beechwood-smoked salmon, plus visit Glengoyne Distillery where single-malt is made. Rates start at $3,455 pp including first-class rail between cities.
- The 13-day London, Cornwall, Cotswolds, York, Edinburgh: Great Flavors of Great Britainoffers guests private transfers from London to Cornwall to Cotswolds to York, as well as first-class rail between York and Edinburgh. On this itinerary guests will go on a Mayfair Chocolate tour, a Borough Market tour, enjoy tastings at Bombay Sapphire Gin Distillery, go on a Catch & Cook fishing trip, and go on private tours of Glastonbury Abbey and Robin Hood’s Nottingham, plus take part in a cheese and tea pairing workshop, and a private Yorkshire breweries tour, an Edinburgh Food Safari walking tour, and a Seafood & Scotch full-tac tour to Lock Lomond. Rates start at $7,699 pp.
For more information, visit avantidestinations.com.